What Makes the First Steps Academy Team Great?
Our highly trained staff are caring, professional and our biggest asset! The education of our First Staff Academy lead program Instructors range from Bachelor of Education, Degrees in Science, Music, Language and much more.
Every staff member at First Steps Academy is required to meet the following qualifications:
- An ECE Level Certification, either by the Alberta Standardized Course or through equivalency within six months of their start date.
- Acquire First Aid Certification with an Emergency Child Care First Aid CPR/AED Level B
- Criminal Background check including a vulnerable sector search with in 6 weeks from their start date. This must return empty with no criminal priors.
- Acquire the Food Handler Safety certificate within 6 weeks of their start date.
- Complete and pass the Fire Extinguisher Safety Course within 6 weeks of their start date.